- Over 40% don’t brush their teeth for the recommended time
- Brits still don’t know the risks of not brushing their teeth
- Dentists Top 5 Tips for a brighter smile
New research from White Glo has astonishingly revealed that half of Brits are falling short on basic dental hygiene, by skipping brushing their teeth in the evening. This is despite 40% claiming to be conscious of their oral health.
This failure to take care of dental hygiene is further evident, as nearly 50% (43.8%) fail to brush their teeth for the recommended time of two minutes, with nearly 30% (27.6%) of 18-24 year olds skipping brushing their teeth from their morning routine altogether.
Cutting down on this vital part of any morning or evening routine can have detrimental effects on dental health, especially as 90% admit to consuming high sugar foods after 5pm.
With the research finding 40% are unaware of the risk this poses, it is more important than ever that Brits break bad habits and brush up on basic dental hygiene.
Dr Georgios Sotiropoulos, White Glo’s dental expert, explains why brushing your teeth before bed is so important “Brushing your teeth well before bed is in my opinion, the most important time to brush. Done thoroughly with a quality toothpaste, it not only removes food and bacteria accumulated during the day but provides your teeth and mouth with a great opportunity to rest and repair/remineralise whilst you sleep.”
The dental experts at White Glo have uncovered their top 5 tips for a flawless evening routine.
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods at least one hour before bed, to prevent the weakened enamel from being brushed away.
- If tea or coffee is consumed after brushing teeth in the evening, brush for a second time. Consider using an anti-stain toothbrush, which White Glo provide free with every toothpaste.
- Spit excess toothpaste after brushing, but do not rinse, to help towards the prevention of tooth decay.
- Use a fluoride enriched toothpaste. The prolonged effect of the various minerals in toothpaste, especially fluoride, staying in contact with your teeth in the absence of exposure to food and drinks is proven to be more preventive than brushing at other times during the day.
- Ensure you are well hydrated, to reduce the hidden risks of tooth decay, gum disease and halitosis (bad breath) that can be caused by dry mouth during the night.
Dr Sotiropoulos continues to explain how following these 5 steps are a faultless way to ensure a glistening glean smile “Following these tips whilst using premium quality dental products such as White Glo Diamond Series will help you achieve a visibly healthier whiter and more radiant smile."
This new research clearly demonstrates a huge proportion of Brits are not taking sufficient care of their teeth. White Glo are urging for teeth brushing to be made an integral part of every morning and evening routine. A guaranteed way to achieve a bright healthy smile.
You can find out more about looking after your teeth at www.whiteglo.com
Click Here For More Articles