In its mildest form, patients manage to lead a healthy and normal life, if they treat it properly. On the other hand, in the case of a severe depression, people have numerous difficulties to lead an active life and it may even be life-threatening.
These are the most common symptoms and signs of depression:
- Sadness, anxiety, or “empty” feelings
- Feelings of guilt
- Fatigue and reduced energy
- Suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Irritability, restlessness
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Difficulties concentrating and indecisiveness
It is extremely helpful in the case of Alzheimer’s, prevents the breakdown of cells into cancerous cells, reduces the levels of LDL cholesterol in the body, cures skin cancer, and is beneficial in the case of liver issues, acidity, stomach disorders, and pains, diarrhea, arthritis, jaundice as well.
Turmeric has amazing health properties, including:
- It is abundant in antioxidants
- It has potent anti-inflammatory benefits
- It fights depression
- It reduces the risk of developing heart disease
- It supports the brain
Researchers have found that turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin, has the same effect in treating major depressive disorder as fluoxetine (Prozac), but it does not cause any of its harmful adverse effects.
This is a recipe for a delicious turmeric lemonade which can be of great help:
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
- the juice of one and a half lemons or limes
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated or powdered turmeric
- 4 tablespoons 100% maple syrup, Stevia or honey
- 4 cups cold filtered or sparkling water
- the juice of 1 blood orange (optional)
In a small pitcher, mix all of the ingredients, and stir well. You can serve it garnished with a lemon slice.
Click Here For More Articles