The colon can get backed up by waste attaching to its walls, however, which can result in a myriad of health problems, including: headaches, low energy, vomiting, weight gain, skin allergies, acne, constipation, joint pains, indigestion, fatigue, diarrhea, vision issues, loss of memory, stress, bloating, and more. A clogged colon can also lead to numerous diseases, particularly colorectal cancer.
A colon cleanse can rid the body of harmful toxins and wastes that have accumulated as a result of poor diet, lack of exercise, heightened stress, chronic dehydration, drug intake, lifestyle changes, and more.
Here you will find 8 natural remedies for safely cleansing your colon:
1. Drink plenty of water.Water is essential for human life, yet as many as 75% of all Americans suffer from dehydration. The colon requires water to keep waste flowing. Health experts generally recommend you consume three liters a day to avoid colon blockage, though this number can change depending on your size, the climate you live in, and how frequently and vigorously you exercise.
2. Try prunes.Prune juice is rich in fibre, which makes it a great option for clearing colon blockage. Try drinking eight ounces before breakfast and another eight ounces after dinner. Once your bowel movements become more frequent, begin tapering yourself off the beverage. Eating dried prunes may also be beneficial, as research published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition found that they may be able to reduce colon cancer.
3. Eat plenty of fibre.
Along with prunes, avocados, berries, coconut, figs, okra, and Brussels sprouts are also great high-fibre options to take advantage of. A high-fibre diet is linked to a lower risk of developing both hemorrhoids and small pouches in your colon called diverticular disease.
4. Drink lemon juice.
Citrus flavonoids are the main cause of improved digestion when drinking warm lemon water. They aid in the assimilation of food, help prevent fatty liver, decrease chances of cardiovascular disease, fat-lowering, and reduced insulin sensitivity. This is because it inhibits certain synthesis of fat in the body.
Citrus flavonoids act as a great digestive tonic, and it also suppresses food cravings. It’s been shown to calm an upset stomach or mild indigestion. This has to do with the hydrochloric acid in your stomach that start the process of breaking down your food. It is believed the citrus flavonoids in lemon water support the hydrochloric acid in the stomach in breaking down food.
The best way to utilize lemon water as a digestion aid is to also include the zest of the lemon which will improve the good bacteria in your gut.
5. Try ginger.Ginger is great for reducing bloating, while also stimulating the function of the colon to allow for it to expel wastes and harmful toxins. Research has also found that this spice may be able to prevent colon cancer. Try adding a teaspoon of ginger juice to a little honey and water, stirring and consuming several times per day.
6. Use aloe vera.Aloe vera is highly valued for its detoxifying powers, and can even serve as a laxative, making it an effective tool for cleansing the colon. You can simply cut an aloe vera leaf vertically to squeeze out its gel, add to the juice of one lemon, stir, refrigerate for a couple of hours, and consume several times per day.
7. Eat yogurt.Yogurt is rich in beneficial probiotics as well as good bacteria that work to rid the body of harmful bacteria. It’s also a great source of calcium, which works to hinder the growth of cells lining the colon. Yogurt is also known for treating stomach issues such as indigestion and irregular bowel movements.
8. Try an apple cider vinegar cleanse.Apple cider vinegar is full of enzymes that promote probiotic growth. A study from the University of Kaiserslautern in Germany published in a 2008 article in Nutrition concluded that apple pectin and other apple extracts can stimulate the formation of butyrate, which is a nutrient linked to colon health. And Dr. Frank Lipman touted apple cider vinegar as having an impressive ability to improve digestion and ease gastrointestinal issues. Try mixing eight ounces of warm water with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of organic honey. After shaking and stirring, drink the concoction every morning until you notice regular bowel movements.
Click Here For More Articles