It has potent anti-diabetic effects, lowers cholesterol levels, and inhibits inflammatory reactions.
A team from Munich has conducted a study which found that turmeric hinders the formation of metastases in cancer patients.
Therefore, if you add turmeric to your smoothies, it will heal wounds, tone the skin, metabolize fat, reduce cholesterol, reduce gas, purify the blood, help digestion, fight inflammation, and is a potent expectorant, and analgesic agent.
The smoothie will provide potent antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and anti-carcinogenic properties. The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, gives it a yellow color and provides most of its medicinal properties.
In 2007, the respected ethno botanist James A. Duke, Ph.D. published one of the most comprehensive summaries of turmeric benefits, in the October issue of Alternative & Complementary Therapies, and then summarized in 2008, in the July issue of the American Botanical Council publication called HerbClip.
Duke reviewed 700 studies and concluded that this amazing spice outperforms numerous pharmaceuticals in its effects in the treatments of several chronic and debilitating diseases. What’s more, it causes no side-effects!
These are the most important health benefits of turmeric which have been scientifically proven:
Turmeric treats and prevents:
- Arthritis: It has over two dozen (more than 24) anti-inflammatory compounds, including 6 different COX-2-inhibitors (the COX-2 enzyme promotes pain, swelling and inflammation; inhibitors selectively block that enzyme). Duke states that curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory agent, which treats the arthritic symptoms.
- Alzheimer’s disease: He also found that over 50 studies have shown that turmeric effectively treats this disease, as it is high in natural agents that inhibit the formation of beta-amyloid, the substance which causes the plaques that obstruct cerebral function in this case.
- Cancer: he also found that there are more than 200 citations for the benefits of turmeric which confirm the link between it and cancer. In the notebook Phytochemicals: Mechanisms of Action, curcumin and/or turmeric were effective in animal models in prevention and/or treatment of mammary cancer, colon cancer, murine hepatocarcinogenesis (liver cancer in rats), esophageal cancer, prostate cancer, and oral cancer.
Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
Turmeric has a slightly bitter taste, but if you mix it with sweet-tasting fruits, you will get a tasty smoothie.
- ½ cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 cup hemp or coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend them well.
It is best to consume this smoothie in the morning on an empty stomach. In order to supply the body with the needed energy, clear the mind, and provide antioxidants for the body.
This delicious smoothie is a potent anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal remedy. It will also help you maintain in good shape, lose extra pounds, and prevent numerous diseases.
Click Here For More Articles