Courtesy Brittany Mullin
Vegan bars from the blog Eating Bird Food are full of healthy ingredients.•1 cup spelt flour
•1 cup old fashioned oats
•1/2 cup pitted prunes (around 11 prunes)
•1/2 cup raisins
•1/2 cup dried apricots
•1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
•2 tbsp cacao nibs
•1/2 cup + approx. 1-2 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Cover an 8-inch x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Place prunes, raisins and apricots in a mini-chopper or food processor and pulse until well chopped.
3. Combine spelt flour, oats, chopped fruit mixture, nuts, cacao nibs and 1/3 cup water in a large bowl and knead with your hands until a ball of dough forms. (Add more water if the mixture is too dry.)
4. Press dough firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Cut into squares with a sharp knife before placing in the oven.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, until baked through but still soft (don’t over-bake them or the bars will be dry and tough).
6. Store leftover bars in the refrigerator.
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.