Prep and Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up, chop or press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut Sweet Potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- When water comes to a boil carefully add Sweet Potatoes. Cover steamer with a tight fitting lid and steam for 7 minutes. Sweet Potatoes are done when they are fork tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss Sweet Potatoes with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. Research shows that fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids found in foods, such as Sweet Potatoes, may be better absorbed when consumed with fat-containing foods like extra virgin olive oil..
Preparing Sweet Potatoes
If you purchase organically grown sweet potatoes, you can eat the entire tuber, flesh and skin. Yet, if you buy conventionally grown ones, you should peel them before eating since sometimes the skin is treated with dye or wax; if preparing the sweet potato whole, just peel it after cooking.
As the flesh of sweet potatoes will darken upon contact with the air, you should cook them immediately after peeling and/or cutting them. If this is not possible, to prevent oxidation, keep them in a bowl covered completely with water until you are ready to cook them.
Click Here For More Articles