As a certified health coach, I work with clients on finding healthy habits that are actually good for them, and forgoing practices that might mess with their progress and motivation long-term. Rather than relying on advice from friends and family (like when your sister raves about not eating meat, but your friends says that doesn't guarantee enough protein), it's better to avoid confusion and conflicting messages and to just go with what seems right for you and your needs. Here are 11 health traps that might seem tempting, but can actually be worse for your metabolism and health. Leave these myths behind and focus on habits that uplift you and make you feel awesome each day. Your mind and body know what healthy is, and there's no fooling them.
1. Sleeping In Instead Of Eating Breakfast
2. Eating Snacks When You're Not Really Hungry
3. Restricting Food
4. Having All-Or-Nothing Mentality
5. Buying "Healthy" Products Without Reading Labels
6. Going Through Periods Of Fasting
7. Removing Food Groups Without Reason
8. Eating Too Much Sugar-Free Gum
9. Working Out Too Much
10. Doing A Detox
11. Not Eating Fat
Instead of giving into outdated diet "tricks," understand that they're myths and won't help with health and fitness maintenance. Instead, find a proper balance of good foods and an exercise routine to feel happy and healthy each day.
Click Here For More Articles