WORLD DIGESTIVE HEALTH DAY MAY 29, 2017
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD):
Navigating Evolving Therapies
In An Evolving Disease
10 Tips for People Living With IBD
1. Learn about IBD and its signs and symptoms. If you don’t
understand issues about your disease, make a list and be sure
to ask your health care providers the next time you see them.
2. Remember that everyone with IBD is different. There is no
3. If you are stressed, anxious, or depressed it may affect your IBD
symptoms and if you need help managing your stress or mental
health ask for it.
4. If you need accommodations at work because of your disease,
be sure to ask for them.
5. Don’t do more than you can physically manage but don’t do less
than your potential just because you have IBD.
6. Ask your health care providers what your medications are
for, what side effects there might be and how long you should
expect to use them.
7. Once you have decided on a treatment make sure you follow
through; if medications have been prescribed, take them
regularly as prescribed.
8. Some medications need to be continued even when you are well;
their purpose is to keep you well.
9. Do not smoke, especially if your diagnosis is Crohn’s disease –
smoking is known to worsen Crohn’s disease.
10. If you have ulcerative colitis you may need regular
colonoscopies to screen for cancer – ask your health care
providers if this applies to you.
Navigating Evolving Therapies In An Evolving Disease www.facebook.com/WGOFWDHD/ www.facebook.com/WGOWGOF/ www.twitter.com/WGOF_WDHD www.twitter.com/WorldGastroOrg World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) & WGO Foundation (WGOF)
Click Here For More Articles
Post a Comment