The popular pink sea salt originates from the Himalayas, which are the world’s tallest mountains, as they span 2400 kilometers across Asia at the joining of the Indian and Eurasian tectonic plates. 250 million years ago on that same place there was a primordial sea, where a perfect, pristine ecosystem existed within that ancient body of water.
As the plates of the earth moved and over the ages pushed the Himalayas toward the heavens, the sea evaporated and all of its life-sustaining minerals crystallized under the heat of the sun to create this beneficial salt.
Himalayan salt offers a number of incredible benefits which can be used to boost your health.
When it is added to a bath of warm (preferably about the same as body temperature) water, this beneficial sea salt provides important nutrients to your body and it also works as a powerful detoxifier. When dissolved in water, it becomes an ionic solution that helps eliminate the toxins of skin and adipose tissues.
2. Lower Blood Pressure
Due to its high sodium content, Himalayan pink salt has the ability to lower your blood pressure. Namely, when all natural Himalayan pink salt is used in lieu of processed NaCl table salt, your body actually has an easier time processing the minerals. Your system won’t need as much water to clear out the excess sodium, therefore you won’t retain as much water, and your body won’t have to work as hard.
3. Mineral Soak
Salt and mineral baths are an excellent way to relax at the end of the day while simultaneously infusing the skin and body with minerals and hydration. The skin soaks up minerals from the water through the process of derma absorption, often better than if the same minerals were consumed internally. Undoubtedly, when it comes to the best things to put in your bath water, Himalayan pink salt is certainly at the top of the list.
4. Improve Digestion
This salt contains nutrients which can actually increase the ability of our gastrointestinal tract to absorb other nutrients. Better digestion means you’ll feel less hungry which is perfect in cases when you want to lose weight. Consequently, trading your shaker of table salt for Himalayan pink will help you to better digest your food.
5. Regulate Hydration
A sole (pronounced ‘solay’) is a brine solution of water that has been fully saturated with natural, unrefined salt. In this form, among other benefits, it provides the body with electrolytes which regulate hydration. Essentially, creating sole made with Himalayan pink salt is like mixing your own perfect sports drink.
The miraculous Himalayan pink salt is about 85% sodium chloride with the other 15% featuring notable amounts of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as bicarbonate. These are all electrolytes needed for proper functioning of the human body, or more specifically for bodily fluid regulation.
All sports drinks contain electrolytes, such as sodium (Na+), potassium (K+), calcium (Ca2+), magnesium (Mg2+), and chloride (Cl−) – in one or more of their forms. Namely, the body absorbs electrolytes faster than water by itself, so when they are combined, the body takes up the water and electrolytes together, resulting in faster hydration.
6. Strengthens the Body
This salt contains a number of minerals needed for the human body to maintain strong bones and connective tissues, as well as proper muscle regeneration and blood circulation. If you are prone to chilled extremities, arthritis, broken bones, or even mental fatigue, n order to restore your good health, you need to regularly use Himalayan pink salt.
7. Soothe Away Soreness
You can also relax your cramped muscles in a warm bath infused with Himalayan pink salt. The minerals in the salt fortify bones, skin, and connective tissues that may contribute to body soreness in other ways. Also, the magnesium and some other trace minerals absorb through the skin to help heal damaged muscle and other soft tissues.
8. Balance pH / Reduce Acid Reflux
Many people can suffer from unbalanced pH which can lead to all kinds of health problems, from immune deficiency and loss of bone density to kidney stones and weight gain.
Your body pH levels can be tested using test strips. Urine should have a pH around 6.5 with it being lower in the morning and slightly higher in the afternoon. Saliva pH should maintain between 6.5 and 7.5 throughout the day.
In general, people with a pH imbalance lean toward acidity (lower pH number). This issue can be treated easily by drinking sole made with Himalayan pink salt.
Furthermore, this Himalayan pink salt sole, due to its alkalinity, can also be used as an antacid. You can effectively neutralize excess stomach acid by mixing about one teaspoon in a glass of room- temperature water.
Click Here For More Articles