Old wives cures
- Drink a mixture of baking soda and water to relieve muscle pain after strenuous exercise.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a damp nail brush and scrub nails to remove grime and kill nail fungus.Mix 3 tbs. baking soda, 1 tbs. peppermint essential oil, 1 tbs. salt and warm water and soak for 20 minutes in order to relieve itching, soreness and odor.
- Gargle with baking soda and water to freshen your breath.
- Sprinkle a little on your toothbrush; brush and rinse as usual.
Baking soda is the best home remedy for whitening teeth.
- Prevent acne, remove excess facial oil and dead skin with a baking soda scrub. Mix 1 tbs. baking soda with 1 tsp. water and rub gently on your face.
Apply to skin to relieve bee stings, insect bites, itching from poison ivy, oak and sumac. Mix baking soda with water into a thick paste for stings, or make a thin wash to use with a compress.
Apply a paste of baking soda and water to canker sores and herpes lesions to dry them up quickly.
Home remedies for acidity
In order to relieve acid reflux and create an alkaline-forming environment in your body, mix 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. baking soda with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. It will foam and fizz, so use a tall glass and wait for all bubbling to stop. Then add 8 oz. water and drink all at once. This mixture neutralizes the pH, buffers stomach acid and reduces acidosis.
Relieve heartburn, acid reflux and GERD symptoms by drinking a mixture of 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 16 oz. water.
Other baking soda home remedies
-Dr. Mark Sircus in his book, Sodium Bicarbonate, discusses the findings of Dr. Tullio Simoncini with regard to cancer being a yeast overgrowth and explores treatment protocols with baking soda. Hence, in order to prevent systemic fungal infections and protect against diabetes and cancer, use a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
- Thrombosis can be relieved by drinking a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Treat a urinary tract infection by drinking an 8 oz. glass of water mixed with 1/2 tsp. baking soda once or twice a day.
- To kill candida yeast and stop itching, douche with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water.
- Gargle with the baking soda and water mixture to remove oral thrush.
Yet, although it’s safe when used as directed, baking soda can cause side effects, as it can interact with prescription drugs. Therefore, you need to check with your healthcare practitioner before using baking soda home remedies.
Remember that baking soda should be used after it’s been dissolved in liquid, never in its dry powder form.
Baking soda home remedies may deplete your body of essential minerals and vitamins. It should not be used on a low sodium diet unless under supervision.
Also, do not use baking soda home remedies for more than a two week period without consulting your doctor. Furthermore, it should not be used by pregnant or nursing women or by children under the age of 5.Source: NaturalNews.comReference: livingtraditionally.com
Click Here For More Articles