An allergy is our immune system's adverse reaction to a substance as if it would cause a disease. However, the same substance may not cause any trouble for others. A substance which causes an allergy is called an allergen. In this article, we've listed 10 foods that can fight dust allergies quite effectively, keep reading! Also Read: Superfoods To Fight Anemia The initial reaction by the immune system is inflammatory. Allergy can be caused by dust, pollen, insects and their bites, fur and feather, certain foods, bacteria, medicines, etc. Of these, dust allergy is a condition of inflammation and it is one of the most common problems related to immunity in modern times; thanks to the high level of air pollution all around us. Dust allergy causes asthma, and it can be frequent and unexpected. Also Read: Reason To Avoid Frozen Foods Symptoms Of Dust Allergy: The symptoms of dust allergy include continuous sneezing, runny nose, cough, irritation in the eyes, shortness of breath and itching. But, it is possible to keep dust allergy and asthma at bay if you include the following 10 superfoods in your diet, have a look:
1. Spinach: The more you consume spinach, the more is your chance of getting rid of asthma. The ‘doctor green vegetable' has several rich ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, potassium and magnesium, the last one being a very important agent to prevent asthma attacks. Deficiency of potassium also makes one more vulnerable to asthma.
2. Apple: Just like an apple a day keeps the doctor away, it also keeps allergy away. It is said that pregnant women who had at least four apples a week had less chances of giving birth to an asthmatic child. Apple has a high content of quercetin, which is a phytochemical that can protect you against asthma.
3. Banana: Having just one banana a day can keep asthma at bay. The fibre content in this fruit also helps in preventing respiratory problems, including asthma.
4. Avocado: It is an excellent anti-asthmatic superfood because of a heavy (in fact the highest) concentration of L-glutathione, known as the ‘master' antioxidant that helps all other antioxidants to function. It repairs the damaged gut health and that in turn prevents the spread of asthma.
5. Garlic: It is an excellent anti-allergy superfood, which arrests the activity of certain enzymes that are responsible for generating inflammatory compounds in the body. It also reduces the possibility of allergic reactions,
Rich in anti-inflammatory nutrients, ginger root works even better than medicines for many in decongesting and curing inflammation. Ginger intake causes no side effects and hence can be taken without any worry.
The curcumin content in turmeric makes it a strong anti-allergic agent. Curcumin is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound that equips our immune system to fight allergies. It also serves as a decongestant that gives relief. Have turmeric with a glass of hot milk daily.
Water is also an important drink to fight allergy. Since dehydration is a major reason that aggravates asthmatic symptoms, consumption of an adequate amount of water on a daily basis is a must, unless of course you have water allergy.