Tuesday 24 March 2015

In My Paris Toiletries Bag


I don't post that much about beauty any more as my main interests lie in fashion and personal style but I still have a huge interest in cosmetics in my day to day life. As I went to Paris last week for Fashion Week, I had to narrow down my toiletries to a small enough selection that I can travel with. As I know some of you guys like reading about beauty, I thought I would share with you my favourite items in my Paris cosmetics bag!
 
Left to Right - Sahar Morocco Argan Oil* // Touch of Silver shampoo & conditioner // Batiste dry shampoo
 This is a new product for me from Hairtrade, but I cannot stress how in love I am with it! I use it as a leave in conditioner on my wet hair after I've washed it and it leave it feeling amazingly soft. I really recommend it.

I use this shampoo and conditioner to keep my hair from turning too warm as I prefer a paler blue colour so use this to take out any warm, brassy tones. It's super cheap too which is a big bonus. 

Everyone and their mother has tried out this dry shampoo before so I don't need to say too much about it. I took it for those days when I woke up and was too tired to go through the hassle of washing my hair but still needed a little sprucing. 

Left to Right - Lush Tea Tree Water // Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream // Bliss make up remover* // Lauren's Way tanning mousse*
This is something I will always repurchase from Lush as it's such a delicate and relaxing product to spray on your face if you're having a phase of sore or broken out skin.

Whilst I have used some Clinique products before which I have really hated, but this is one that I have always loved. The beads are small so feel delicate on skin but still do the ideal amount of exfoliation.

I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this product but as the face wipes I was using recently made me break out really badly, I needed to use something to take my make up off and found this in the back of my cupboard. It takes most of my make up off but not enough so I don't wake up like a panda the next morning!

I've tried out a fair selection of self tanners before, and I am really pleased with the outcome of this. As long as you do the obvious preparation like exfoliation and moisturising, it gives a really natural look.


Left to Right - Burt's Bees lip balm & Burt's Bees hand balm // Ankh Rah Moringa Oil* // Bull Dog moisturiser
 I love these two items so much as they both smell gorgeous and are incredibly moisturising, something you need when travelling.

As I previously said, my skin hadn't been to great recently so needed some high quality oil to really moisturise the dry areas on my face. This perfect travel size moringa oil from Ankh Rah is lovely for this, but I will admit whilst it doesn't bother me too much, it does has a bit of a funny smell!

I actually stole this from Jack as he had a few bottles and needed a moisturiser for myself. I really love this form Bull Dog, as it's a thick and creamy consistency but soaks in really quickly.


Top to Bottom - Lush Chou Chou Toothy Tabs // Spooky Eyes Dream Eyes green contact lenses*
I obviously needed to take some tooth paste with me but wanted something that wouldn't take up too much space so took these toothy tabs from Lush. They are a weird concept which I honestly don't think I enjoy, but they did the job. 

I took these as I thought it would be fun to give these a go whilst wondering around Paris but I got a little too scared so am yet to give them a go. I will definitely try them soon, but as I have never used contacts before I'm going to wait until someone who has can help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment