Now because it is so energizing, I do not recommend this as a before-bed snack. While it is incredibly blood-sugar-balancing making that aspect of it ideal for sleep, it is too energizing before bed. Trust me on this one! My mom (Ma McCarthy) made it and had it later in the evening and she was up until 2am – yikes! Here’s the recipe.
Mochaccino Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 1 can 400 ml organic coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp greens+ extra energy* (cappuccino flavour)
- 2-4 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup strawberries mashed
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Shake can of coconut milk before opening. This will help mix up the good fats that may have solidified.
- Combine coconut milk with chia seeds and water in a medium size bowl. Let sit overnight or for a few hours until it becomes pudding-like.
- Mix in raw cacao powder, greens+ extra energy and maple syrup.
- Give it a taste test and you can decide at this point how sweet you want it to be. Add more maple syrup if need be.
- Top with mashed strawberries and mini chocolate chips!
- Please note, if you do not use full fat canned coconut milk you will likely get a different consistency so just keep this in mind if you use almond milk or any other kind of milk.
- *If you don’t have Greens+ extra energy and you still want the cappuccino taste you could mix in 1 shot of decaf espresso.
- Serves 4
I do recommend using a wire whisk to mix together the ingredients because you’ll get a smoother consistency. A wire whisk is a kitchen essential!
Let me know if you try this recipe and get a nice energy ZING from it! There are some other ways to boost your energy this time of year. But you might need to wear socks
Click Here For More Articles