|Prep and Cook Time: 1 minute|
- Quarter Cabbage, remove core and shred 1/8-inch thick or chop in food processor and let sit for 5-10 minutes before sautéing. Yo should have approximately 4 cups of Cabbage
- Chop or press garlic and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle Cabbage with 2 TBS lemon juice before cooking to prevent it from turning blue. (If Cabbage turns blue while cooking, just add more lemon juice.)
- Heat 5 TBS broth or water in a stainless steel skillet over medium heat if using a medium-size burner or medium-low heat if using a large burner. Watch broth closely as it will begin to steam in a few seconds.
- As soon as liquid begins to steam, add Cabbage. Cover with a tight fitting lid. and cook for no more than 5 minutes. Cabbage should stil be moist when done.No broth should be left in pan but pan should not be burnt.
- Transfer to a plate. For more flavor top Cabbage with the Dressing ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterraean Dressing does not need to be made separately.) Research shows that fat-soluble vitamins and carotenoids found in foods, such as Cabbage, may be better absorbed when consumed with fat-containing foods like extra virgin olive oil.
- Important: For best flavor, use a knife and fork to cut the cooked Cabbage crosswise several times until it is in very small pieces. The more finely you cut Cabbage, the more exposed surface area you create. This can allow more flavors of the dressing to pass into the Cabbage and speed up desirable changes in texture including tenderness.
Click Here For More Articles
Post a Comment