When it comes to exercise, we’re often told which different types of sporting clothing we should wear to enhance our workout. From the latest breathable technology that will keep your body temperature regulated, or trainers that will guarantee to help you improve your running times, we’re bombarded with new and innovative types of workout clothing from a host of different stores. It can be difficult to know what you need to purchase to ensure an effective workout regime. What if we told you that you can have an extremely effective workout wearing only your birthday suit? Training naked might sound a little off-piste, but it can offer you a host of different benefits, helping to maximise your workout time and time again. Here are the benefits of training naked:
1. You’ll be comfortable in your own skin One of the reasons that many of us exercise is to feel happy in our own skin. We work out to feel good, to be healthy and to achieve our body goals. When working out naked, you’re forced to examine your body and to come face to face with yourself, exactly how you look. By consistently doing this, you’ll be getting used to your body, slowly getting more comfortable in your own skin.
2. You’ll be able to notice progress By regularly observing yourself in the nude as you work out, you’ll be able to notice every bit of progress your body is making within your exercise routine. There’s nowhere to hide when you’re not wearing clothes, and by knowing the ins and outs of your human form in the nude thanks to consistently observing it, you’ll notice even the most minor changes. This will help to keep you motivated and to show you that your hard work is paying off! Similarly, consistently looking at yourself naked will inspire you to make healthy choices to see changes in your body.
3. Watch your body work Without a doubt, one of the biggest benefits of exercising naked is that you can actually watch your bodywork. Without clothes, you’ll be able to see the different muscle groups in all their glory as you exercise. You will be able to actually see how strong you are, to visualise the impact of each exercise you do and to marvel at how fantastic the human body actually is. Dr. David B. Agus states that ‘The skin acts as an indicator of the state of the entire body, and external skin discolorations, blemishes, lesions, rashes, blotches, or other unsightly marks can be signs of underlying internal disease. Once in a while, take a visual inventory of every square inch of yourself, including your hair, nails, and the inside of your mouth’ - which means that observing your naked body whilst working out can be incredibly beneficial for your health too.
4. Letting your skin breathe If you wear clothes whilst you work out, believe it or not, you are technically not giving your skin enough room to breathe. According to Dr. Lance Brown, an American DERMATOLOGIST, workout clothing can restrict the blood flow and act like a sponge, collecting all of the sweat you produce - which of course, should be a decent amount if you’re working out with gusto! Going bare gives your skin a chance to breathe. When you sweat, your body releases toxins, and by wearing tight workout clothes, you’re actually weakening your skin by reabsorbing the sweat that is released by the body as you sweat.
5. Do your body good Without the restriction of workout clothes as you exercise, your body is likely to be a little more flexible, allowing you to truly maximise your workouts. This could result in improved calorie burn, as you’re truly getting the most out of your workout. Similarly, being naked will allow your skin to truly breathe as you exercise.
A study conducted also found that running barefoot helps to lower the risk of Alzheimer’s in adults. Dr Sunesara, GENERAL PHYSICIAN from Mumbai says that the stimulation, which is created in the sole of the foot encourages our brain to boost more neuron connections. Not only this, but it’s been claimed that ‘ditching the workout clothes allows exercisers to get a better sense of their alignment in exercises, which can mean more gains from the workout’ - which of course, is super important! Whether you’re getting naked for a home workout or attending one of the innovative and exciting new naked exercise classes we’re seeing popping up around the globe - working out in the nude can bring a myriad of physical and psychological benefits, so if you’re brave enough, why not give it a go?
RIGHT PATH FITNESS is a team of London-based Personal Training specialists committed to helping CLIENTS reach their full fitness potential in the most efficient and effective time possible.
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.