Tuesday 24 February 2015

Tropical turmeric weight loss smoothie to banish your belly


Tropical Sunshine Smoothie // edible perspective
I've really been enjoying starting my days with a smoothie lately. It's a great way to make sure that I don't go breakfast-less and that I start off my day with a big dose of good-for-me nutrients. A recent addition to my smoothie rotation has been an incredible spice: turmeric! Amigas, turmeric is a miracle spice. It fights bloat, it's an anti-oxidant, it aids in weight loss, it helps detoxify the liver and I don't know about you, but I don't get enough of it in my diet that's why I've started making this tropical turmeric smoothie.

Turmeric is popular in Indian cuisine and it's quite delicious, but if you are not used to cooking with it aren't quite sure how to incorporate it into your meals to reap its health rewards, "hiding" it in a smoothie is a great way to go.
Of course you could just add a half teaspoon of turmeric into just about any smoothie you make and it would probably be fine, but I've been making mine with frozen mango and pineapple chunks as well as some cinnamon and ginger because I think all the flavors really complement each other. Check it out!
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk
1 ripe banana
1/2  cup frozen mango chunks
1/2  cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon
Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender, press vrrroom and mezcla it all up until it is a smooth consistency.
If it's too thick for your liking, you can always add more almond milk. Also, it's a smoothie recipe, not the blueprint for the Sistine Chapel, so feel free to play around with how much of the spices or what kinds of fruits you put in it until you get one that makes you crazy happy

http://quemas.mamaslatinas.com/health_fitness/132175/turmeric_smoothie_weight_bloat_loss

No comments:

Post a Comment