Monday 16 February 2015

Blueberry Bliss Bars (No Baking and Only 4 Ingredients!)



I don’t know if you noticed, but I love recipes that use only a few ingredients.  These Blueberry Bliss Bars are just that.  All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make these blueberry bliss bars!  This no bake recipe is perfect for summer.  I know I don’t want to spend time in my kitchen with the oven on.  It’s hot down here in Dallas!
These blueberry bliss bars are vegan, gluten free and paleo.  This was my first time using coconut cream and I have to say that it was pretty much exactly like coconut butter.  The only difference I noticed, was that coconut cream seemed to soften faster out of the fridge.  Another great thing you could do with these no bake bars is drizzle a little of my 3 ingredient chocolate over the top.  Yum!  If you do that, then you will need to keep the bars in the freezer.

Recipe

Prep Time: 5 minutesTotal
Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 18 small squares

Ingredients

  • 2 cups creamed coconut (you can probably also use coconut butter)
  • 2 cups fresh organic blueberries (frozen, thawed might work too)
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 tsp ground vanilla beans
Blueberry-Bliss-Bars-Steps-ingredients-1

Instructions

  • Combine all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
  • Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, leaving enough room for some paper to stick out the sides.
  • Dump the mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. The mixture is very thick and you may need to wet a spatula to help spread it evenly.
  • Once the mixture is in the pan. Gently press down using the extra sides of parchment paper.
  • Stick the pan in the fridge to firm up. This should only take about 15-20 minutes.
  • Once the mixture is firm, lift the whole thing out by the edges of parchment paper.
  • I used a pizza cutter to cut mine into squares.
Please store these bars in the fridge. I keep mine in an airtight container with a piece of parchment between each bar. They should last at least a week in the fridge and you can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment