Friday 25 September 2015

CUCUMBER HUMMUS

By 



Hummus is a delicious and healthy dip or spread but what if you could make it even healthier? With the amount of hummus I consume it’s nice to sometimes make a “lighter” version of it, like this Cucumber Hummus. It’s not as dense as your typical hummus and actually tastes quite light and airy.
There isn’t much to say about this recipe other than the fact that it’s amazing. I nearly ate all of it within an hour. I couldn’t resist. First I tried some with crackers. Then, I told myself that I need to see what it tastes like spread on bread. Then obviously I needed to see if cucumber hummus tastes decent with different vegetables…and then, it was basically empty :(
Oh well, the great thing about that is I could have (I didn’t though) whipped up some more within 5 minutes or less. Hence if you look at the directions there isn’t much to them. Toss everything in a food processor and…
blend and…

you are done!
Oh wait, no. You need to make it look good before you eat it. No one likes ugly food! I think…please correct me if I’m wrong.

I like adding a drizzle of olive oil over my hummus, a dash of paprika or cayenne pepper, and garnish with a spring of dill. Pretty :) Now how long did that take? Right, 5 minutes. So there really is no excuse for buying store bought hummus anymore!


CUCUMBER HUMMUS WITH DILL
 

PREP TIME
TOTAL TIME
 
Author: 
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten-free, Appetizer, Dip
Serves: 2 cups
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cups Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained from can or soaked and cooked dried chickpeas)
  • 2 springs fresh Dill (washed, stems removed)
  • ½ Cucumber (washed, skin on, roughly chopped)
  • ½ teaspoon Salt
  • 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (or more , optional)
  • 2 tablespoons Tahini
  • 1 small Garlic Clove
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse/blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
  2. Scoop hummus into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
  3. Serve with crackers, veggies or spead on bread.
NOTES
1) Cucumber hummus will keep in fridge for up to 5 days, covered.
2) If hummus is too watery, add more chickpeas. If hummus is too thick, add more cucumber or a bit of water.
3) This recipe is very kid-friendly. That being said, if it tastes too bland for you add more garlic, salt, and pepper. This hummus also tastes great topped with cayenne pepper.
Click Here For More Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment