So instead of reaching for that can of Red Bull or Coca-Cola, why not give your body a natural energy boost with these delicious pick-me-ups. They’ll have you powering through your day without an energy crash!
1. Matcha Green TeaMatcha is made from green tea leaves that contain L-Theanine and a small amount of naturally occurring caffeine (less than coffee!), both providing energy-boosting effects.
It helps to invigorate your metabolism gently lifting you without any energy slumps!
How to make it: Combine 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of organic pure maple syrup and 2 teaspoons of matcha powder. Mix well and enjoy hot or cold.
2. Coco-Hydro SmoothieCoconut water and bananas contain high amounts of potassium to help regulate and maintain healthy cells and their natural production of energy.
How to make it: Blend ½ cup coconut water, ½ cup nut milk, ½ a ripe banana and ½ an orange.
3. Berry Fresh JuiceBerries are rich in fiber which helps to slowly release the energy from their natural sugars. The lime adds a zesty tang to boost the berries pep up power.
How to make it: Blend 1 cup water, 1 cup mixed berries, and the juice of 1 lime.
4. Iced Green Chia TeaGreen tea gently energizes whilst chia is rich in protein and healthy omega-3 fats giving you long lasting energy. The honey adds a dash of sweetness and gives an extra energy kick.
How to make it: Mix 1 cup green tea, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 teaspoon of honey.
Psst! If you’re not sure what’s up with the chia seeds, watch this video:
5. Spicy WarmerIf you’re after a warm beverage to energize without the caffeine, then this is it! Packed with soothing, anti-inflammatory spices it nourishes your insides at the same time.
How to make it: Simmer 2 cups of hot water in a small pan. Add 1 inch of fresh ginger, sliced. Then ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, 1 ½ teaspoon of honey, and ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom. Serve in your favorite cup with a slice or two of lemon!
6. Green MachineGreen vegetables are rich in chlorophyll that oxygenates the blood. Oxygenated blood helps to increase your energy levels and make your brain sharper!
How to make it: Juice 2 small cucumbers, 1 celery stalk, ¼ cup of kale leaves, ¼ cup of spinach, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and juice of ½ a lemon. Serve with crushed ice.
7. Protein Power UpEnjoy a glass of this to start your day and you’ll be powered up for the whole morning! Protein, healthy fats and slow-releasing sugars combine to give you a sustained energy release, whilst the greens boost your chlorophyll intake, oxygenating your cells.
How to make it: Combine ½ a banana, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 tablespoon of vegan protein powder, ½ cup of chopped kale, ¼ cup coconut yogurt, ½ tablespoon flax seeds, ½ tablespoon hemp seeds, and ¾ cup of nut or coconut milk.
8. Beet The 3pm SlumpBeets are rich in nitrates which helps to reduce the amount of oxygen needed by blood vessels and muscles to function. Nitrates are converted to nitric oxide in the body which helps to reduce blood pressure by widening the blood vessels, allowing oxygen to flow easily. The combination of energy boosting beetroot, zesty lemon and apple will have you powering through the afternoon!
How to make it: Juice 1 small beetroot, 1 apple, 1 lemon, 2 celery stalks, and 1 handful of spinach. Serve with ice.
9. Super ShotThis tart shot of energy is sure to wake you up! It’s also a potent detoxifying beverage, cleansing your liver, kidney and bowels. Get ready to be buzzing!
How to make it: Combine 4 ounces of cranberry juice, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, and the juice of half a lemon. If that’s too strong, add 4 ounces of water. Chase with more water if needed.
Support your body’s natural ability to give you energy throughout the day with these delicious drinks and feel alive all day long!
Do you have a natural energy drink of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
Click Here For More Articles
Post a Comment