- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Vegan butter
- Vegan whipped cream
- Shredded coconut
- xtra matcha powder to sprinkle
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together in order to eliminate any clumps. If you do not have a sifter, whisk all of the dry ingredients together until all lumps have been broken apart.
- Add in the coconut milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Whisk well until you have a smooth batter. It should be thick like cake batter. If the mixture feels too gummy, add in more coconut milk, a couple of teaspoons at a time until the correct consistency has been achieved.
- In a small pan on low-medium heat, use a small amount of vegan butter to grease the pan.
- Using a ladle, scoop the contents to make pancakes the size of the small pan (so, one at a time) on the greased pan.
- Once the batter is in the pan, cover with a lid and flip with a spatula once the top of the pancakes begin to “bubble” or until the edges begin to brown.
- Recover with the lid and cook for two minutes on the opposite side. Remove from heat once finished.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all of your batter is used up.
- (Optional) Top with a large helping of vegan whipped cream, shredded coconut, and sprinkle with more matcha powder.
- Serve immediately with your favourite maple syrup and a side of seasonal fruit.
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.