Looking for some nutrient-rich antioxidant power packed vegan breakfast? You need to try this delicious matcha pancakes recipe.
Matcha is a great superfood, it is packed full of antioxidants, helps boost your metabolism, and even can help increase your focus. Matcha can come in the form of a potent green powder and is versatile enough to be included in many sweet and savoury dishes. You can most commonly taste matcha in the form of matcha tea, matcha smoothies, and matcha muffins, but what about matcha pancakes? Here is how you can make a delicious matcha pancakes breakfast using this nutrient-packed ingredient.
Yummy Matcha Pancakes
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Vegan butter
- Vegan whipped cream
- Shredded coconut
- xtra matcha powder to sprinkle
- In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together in order to eliminate any clumps. If you do not have a sifter, whisk all of the dry ingredients together until all lumps have been broken apart.
- Add in the coconut milk and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Whisk well until you have a smooth batter. It should be thick like cake batter. If the mixture feels too gummy, add in more coconut milk, a couple of teaspoons at a time until the correct consistency has been achieved.
- In a small pan on low-medium heat, use a small amount of vegan butter to grease the pan.
- Using a ladle, scoop the contents to make pancakes the size of the small pan (so, one at a time) on the greased pan.
- Once the batter is in the pan, cover with a lid and flip with a spatula once the top of the pancakes begin to “bubble” or until the edges begin to brown.
- Recover with the lid and cook for two minutes on the opposite side. Remove from heat once finished.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all of your batter is used up.
- (Optional) Top with a large helping of vegan whipped cream, shredded coconut, and sprinkle with more matcha powder.
- Serve immediately with your favourite maple syrup and a side of seasonal fruit.
What is your favourite matcha-inspired recipe? Let me know in the comments below.https://raisevegan.com/antioxidant-rich-metabolism-boosting-breakfast-yummy-matcha-pancakes/
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.
Post a Comment