Whilst it is important to remain as fit as possible when pregnant, there is nothing more essential than ensuring the overall well-being of both mum and her baby. Undertaking exercise is never risk-free and it’s important to keep you and your baby safe.
Unity Beauty Essentials’ products are designed with pregnant mothers in mind. For their needs and desires as they journey through pregnancy. Comprising three products, they’re all designed to remind would-be mothers that it’s ok to feel nurtured, indulged, and confident with her new curves.
Today, they’re bringing us five safety tips for exercising while pregnant:
1. Don’t push yourself – a woman’s body can react in unexpected ways at the best of times when she is pregnant, making exercise to the point of exertion incredibly ill-advised. It is not unusual to feel dehydrated, weakened and possibly dizzy. Instead of strenuous exercise, opt for exercise light enough to comfortably maintain a conversation.
2. Ease in and ease out - warming up before exercise and cooling down afterwards is always essential, but it becomes all the more so during pregnancy as it helps to prepare the body for increased activity.
3. Avoid lying on your back - though not a worry for the first handful of weeks, it is best to avoid lying on your back as the 15th week of pregnancy approaches. This is because the weight of a baby pushing down against you can adversely affect the flow of blood around the body, resulting in low blood pressure and light-headedness.
4. Work out in water – if you have access to a swimming pool, you might want to consider exercising in it as your bump starts to grow. As a full body activity, swimming is fantastic exercise and can be carried out at whatever pace an individual finds comfortable. Moreover, being mostly submerged in water will take some of the weight of your baby off your back, providing what we’re sure will be a welcome relief.
5. Remain firmly on your feet – you may not have thought about it quite like this before, but a lot of activities and exercises involve falling. Falling from a height can be potentially dangerous for both pregnant women and the babies they are carrying, so it’s best to keep your feet on the ground.
ABOUT UNITY BEAUTY ESSENTIALS:
Unity by name, unity by nature, meet the new pregnancy beauty range built entirely on what women want, need and desire as they journey through pregnancy. Unity Beauty Essentials blends together a passion for cosmetics with that of motherhood. Awarded ‘Best Pregnancy Range’ by Harper’s Bazaar, all of Unity’s products are created with mums-to-be in mind.
Comprising of three products and an Essentials Kit, Unity’s award-winning range is made from natural ingredients beneficial for both beauty and pregnancy. From itchy skin soothers to stretch mark soothers, top to toe hydrators to rejuvenating creams; all of Unity’s products are designed as a sensory journey to enrich while solving common pregnancy problems. All products contain the Indian gooseberry, known as the Superfruit of Pregnancy. One of the highest natural sources of Vitamin C and antioxidants, it is also rich in amino acids, iron, calcium and phosphorous, in addition to being one of the safest natural ingredients. This natural skincare range has been created based on the philosophy that if you can’t eat it during pregnancy, it shouldn’t be on your skin.
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.