Plantain Almond Smoothie
- 1 ripe plantain
- 30 de-skinned or blanched almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Chilled hemp or coconut milk
- If using skinned almonds, soak the almonds in warm water for 30 minutes. Peel off the skin from the almonds or use blanched almonds.
- Cut the plantain vertically and remove the black seeds in it using a sharp knife.
- Slice the plantain.
- In a blender, combine the plantain, almonds and milk, grind to a smoothie.
- Pour into a tall glass. If needed, add ice cubes.
- Ripe plantain are sweeter, and therefore will keep you from needing to use sugar. If you would like your smoothie to be sweeter try adding honey or agave nectar as a sugar alternative.
Crispy Plantain Fries
1-2 plantains (per person)
Coconut or grapeseed oil for coating the skillet
Salt and pepper to taste
Peel the plantains, slice them in half diagonally and then cut into the shape of french fries.
Pour oil into frying pan. You’ll want the plantains to be covered halfway up their sides.
Fry over medium heat until they are crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside. They taste fantastic lightly cooked or extra well done. Flip them around in the oil a few times until all sides are cooked.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on before they cool.
Click Here For More Articles Click Here For More Articles
Post a Comment