GermGuardian AC4825This model is under $100 when on special, which is most often, so it’s been slipped into this category. It’s a very reliable air purifier for smoke because it has a true-HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter for odours and a UV-C light for other airborne nuisances. If UV-C lights just aren’t your thing, you can switch it off no problem.
- True-HEPA filtration
- Activated carbon filter
- UV-C light filter (can be switched off)
- Sleek design
- Great for small apartments or individual rooms (155 square feet coverage)
Levoit LV-132 Air Purifier with True HEPA FilterThis is a very strong contender for the price, aesthetic and functionality for homes dealing with smoke. It has a true-HEPA filter, activated carbon filter for those sour smoke smells, and three fan speeds. It does have a nightlight but it can be switched off if extra lights bug you.
- True-HEPA filter for smoke particles
- Activated carbon filter for smoke smells
- Neat, compact and attractive design
- Does not use any ionizing technology so great for people who avoid ozone
What is the best portable air purifier for cigarette smoke to travel with?When travelling with appliances like air purifiers, sometimes you have to compromise on a couple of features in order to get that all-important compact size and versatility. That’s true for the second contender on the list, but I think you’ll be impressed all the same.
Holmes Small Room 3-Speed Air PurifierThis model from Holmes has been chosen for this section for its compact size. It can be packed up and stashed in the car, caravan or in the corner of a large suitcase. The only catch here is that you will need to use the aer1 True-HEPA Allergen Performance-Plus replacement filter to catch those smoke particles.
The air purifier comes with an HEPA-type filter which only catches particles as small as 2 microns (smoke particles are smaller than 1 micron). But it’s easy enough to purchase the replacement filter from the Holmes website.
- Can be used with a true-HEPA replacement filter for smoke
- Compact, small and easy to pack away
- Has a 3-year warranty
- Can be set up either horizontally or vertically (great for little motel rooms or caravans where fire or cigarette smoke is present)
Wynd Plus – Smart Portable Air PurifierThis little baby weighs less than a pound and is small enough to fit into your backpack (it looks like a little torch). It’s actually a bit of a celebrity in the air purifier world, being voted by TIME as one of 2016’s most impressive inventions. While it doesn’t have the activated carbon filter of the other models on these lists, the size and efficiency make up for that, especially for when you’re travelling extremely light.
- Tiny size and very light
- Medical grade filter for trapping smoke particles
- Has an air-quality tracker so you know how polluted the air is at any time
- Can be controlled via Wynd app
What are the best large room air purifiers?It’s important to get an air purifier which can handle the space you’re intending it for. Otherwise, you won’t be getting the payoff you need. These air purifiers are all made for rooms at least as large as 500 square feet.
Whirlpool Whispure Air PurifierThis air purifier has those two key features we know so well by now, a true-HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter for the smoky smells. It caters to a room of 500 square feet which is more than enough for large living rooms. The price isn’t too bad for what the machine offers, you can get it for under $250.00.
- True-HEPA filtration for smoke particles
- Activated carbon filter for smoke smells
- Caters to large rooms up to 500 square feet
- Has a Turbo mode for really smoky situations
- Has a sleep mode for quieter nights
Lifesmart Medical Grade Air Purifier designed for large roomsThis is a seriously no-nonsense air purifier, as anything with “medical grade” stamped on it usually indicates. The HEPA filter is not only “true” but it is medical grade. The carbon filter is also an amped-up version of the usual, designed to neutralize not only odors but harmful gasses. It’s a good choice for homes where smoke is a problem, and where asthmatics live and breathe. It will take care of all allergens, not only smoke. It’s not the most handsome machine alive, but it certainly does its job.
- Caters to rooms as large as 750 square feet
- Has a medical grade true-HEPA filter for smoke particles
- Has a military carbon cloth high-efficiency gas absorption filter for odours
- Takes in air from the full 360 degrees around the unit for thorough cleaning
- 3 fan speeds for increasing and decreasing according to how much smoke is present
- Designed to run continuously (i.e. not on and off or according to a timer)
Fellowes Aeramax 300/DX95 Large Room Air PurifierThis is a really reasonably-priced model considering what you get for your money and the room size it caters to. It’s ideal for rooms up to 600 square feet and has 4 filtration steps. Now, it does have an ionizer but you can turn it off and forget about it if ionizers are out of bounds for you. The true-HEPA filter, carbon filter and antimicrobial treatment are all fantastic for purifying the air of smoke and associated nasties, odours and any other allergens lurking about.
- Caters to rooms from 300 to 600 square feet
- Has a true-HEPA filter for smoke particles
- Has an antimicrobial treatment for killing bacteria
- Has a carbon filter for smoke odours
- Features a “high performance” mode for times when smoke is thicker than usual or allergies are raging
ConclusionSo there we have it. Air purifiers for cigarette smoke, weed smoke and wildfire smoke. As they’ve all got those vital features; true-HEPA filtration and an activated carbon filter, they’ll also protect you against other nasties like mold and pet dander.
Before you choose one, just jot down these considerations:
- What size room do you need your air purifier for?
- Are there any other concerns you have such as mould or pet allergens?
- What’s your budget?
- Do you have any specific requirements or preferences for aesthetics/design?
- Do you prefer reusable or disposable filters or is it not a worry?
As with every appliance under the sun, they all have their flaws which customers have voiced in the review sections. Just for the sake of being absolutely sure of what you’re getting, it’s a good idea to scrawl the comment section. Even with the highest of overall ratings, there’s always a few 1-stars in there to give perspective.
Click Here For More Articles
Don't forget to opt-in to Our Healthy Living Society and get 3 free gifts while receiving the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.
Post a Comment